Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Practicing Acceptance

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change; courage to change the things that I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.
I'm not going slaughter the name of the good and wise theologian who crafted that prayer. I am not the best speller in the world. Clicking on SpellCheck ever few words is just a way of life for me, another quirk I've quit struggling to overcome.
I still wrestle with parts of myself: my weight, despite my best efforts, will not relinquish its grip on a number save to climb back towards unhealthy heights. Very well, then. Guide me in making the best choices that I can so I look and feel fantastic. Success and fame have eluded me despite my best efforts at marketing my writing. So be it. I have the respect of other writers and actually wrote the novel. My skills have helped with publicity and fundraising for several NFP's. Several issues with relatives will likely never be resolved, hanging like threads off a sweater. Bless them in their cluelessness, clip, and go on in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment