- can drink up to 30 gallons of water in ten minutes?
- were introduced to western Australia in the 1800's by the British army and that many of their descendants run wild there today?
- are considered a health food because their meat has no fat and no cholesterol, and that they are kept as dairy animals in some parts of the world? Acquired taste aside?
- there are 160 words for "camel" in Arabic?
- an adventure company in California uses them as pack animals on camping trips?
for more information.